Desserts can be both sweet to eat and simple to bake. Just a few drops of Bertolli Olive Oil magic can make a difference and give you a sweet treat that your friends and family will love. With Bertolli Olive Oil, The Recipe is always Simple.
Orange Rosemary Loaf
By Alexa Soto of @alexafuelednaturally
Orange rosemary olive oil loaf
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 oranges (use to get 1/4 cup fresh orange juice & 3 tbsp orange zest)
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9″x 5″ loaf pan with Bertolli Olive Oil and lightly dust with flour and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together almond milk, Bertolli Olive Oil, orange juice and orange zest.
- Next, add cane sugar to the liquid and whisk.
- Then add salt and baking powder and mix.
- Gradually add flour, 1 cup at a time to the liquid, whisking in between.
- Once the batter is mixed well and is smooth, stir in the chopped rosemary.
- Grab your greased pan and pour batter to the pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan at least 20 minutes.
- For the glaze simply place powdered sugar and orange juice in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the glaze on the loaf and spread it around to fully cover the top of the bread.
- Allow the glaze to harden for 15-20 minutes, then slice and enjoy.
Olive Oil Almond Cookies
By Mia Zarlengo of @gatherednutrition
- 1/2 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk olive oil, egg, coconut sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until everything is well combined, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough out into about 1.5 tbsp sized balls (roll with your hands to make them smooth).
- Leave room between each cookie for them to spread while baking.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving or cookies will be fragile.