In the mood for some hearty and delicious pasta? The rich taste of olive oil is a perfect base for any pasta dish. If you’re looking for a quick dinner, look no further. Below we’ve picked our top five easy and healthy pasta recipes made with Bertolli olive oil. The Recipe is Simple. Give these a try!
Sundried Tomato Pasta
By Lauren McNeil of @tastingtothrive_rd
- 500g of pasta
- 1/3 cup sundried tomato
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Bertolli Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup hulled sunflower seed
- Sundried tomato mixture
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of sliced sundried tomatoes (optional)
- Cook 500g of pasta as per package instructions.
- Combine in a blender 1/2 cup of hulled sunflower seeds, 1/3 cup of sundried tomato, 2 cloves of garlic, 3 tbsp of lemon juice, 1/2 cup of water, 3 tbsp nutritional yeast and 2 tbsp of Bertolli Olive Oil. Blend the mix until smooth.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and combine with sundried tomato mixture, 2 large handfuls of spinach, salt and pepper to taste (and if of preference add 1/3 cup of sliced sundried tomatoes).
Easy Pesto Alfredo Pasta
By Alexa Soto of @alexafuelednaturally
- 1 lb pasta noodle of choice
- 1 tbsp organic Bertolli Olive Oil
- 1 cup prepared (vegan) pesto (you can use a store-bought one)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cashew milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- Cook 500g of 1 lb pasta noodle as per package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, sauté garlic and onions in 1 tbsp of Bertolli Olive Oil, garlic on medium heat for 6 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Pour 1 1/2 cup of cashew milk by reducing heat to low, cook for 3 minutes until milk begins to thicken, then add 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Add pesto to the sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, using tongs transfer the noodles straight from the pot to the sauce. Add 1/2 cup of hot pasta water to the pasta and mix all together until noodles are fully coated with sauce.
- Finish off with freshly cracked pepper and chopped fresh basil.
Cherry Tomato, Spinach & Basil Spaghetti
By Winnie Liong of @winniesbalance
- 1 lb uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tbsp Bertolli®Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3-4 cups raw spinach
- handful of fresh basil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions
- While spaghetti is cooking, saute cherry tomatoes in Bertolli®Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the fresh garlic for 2-3 minutes. Then, turn off the heat and add in raw spinach to soften
- When spaghetti is cooked and drained and place them, cherry tomato and add some spinach into a pot with 2 tbsp of Bertolli®Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Top up with fresh basil and red pepper flakes.
Thai Peanut Veggie & Noodle
By Amy Wilichowski of @eatsbyames
For the pasta:
- 3-4 cups uncooked pasta noodles
- a pinch of salt
For the veggies:
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup snap or snow peas
- 1/2 tbsp of Bertolli®Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup of unsalted/unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp sriracha (or hot sauce of choice)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp of Bertolli®Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
For the garnishes:
- 1/3 cup de-shelled peanuts
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- Cook the pasta (with the salt) per package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté the veggies in Bertolli®Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- While the veggies and pasta are cooking, blend together the peanut sauce ingredients until a smooth sauce has formed (about 2-3 minutes).
- Once the pasta and veggies are done the cooking, toss everything together and garnish with the peanuts and cilantro.
Lemon Asparagus Pasta
By Mia Zarlengo of @bitesbymi
- 1 8-oz box of pasta
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1/5 tbsp Bertolli Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Cook the pasta per package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil. once hot, add garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds, then add asparagus pieces.
- Add Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp OF salt, and a few cracks of black pepper
- stir to coat, and cook for 10-12 minutes
- when pasta is done the cooking, stir in the juice of lemon, add 1.5 tbsp of Bertolli olive oil, parmesan, salt and pepper to taste
- Stir in asparagus and serve.