Dining for two can be both exciting and stressful at the same time. It can be challenging to decide on a recipe that is both nutritious, delicious and new for each person. With Bertolli Olive Oil, however, The Recipe is Simple.
Impress your dining companion with these simple, yet mouthwatering, dinner recipes!
Vegan Kale and Cauli Stew
By Jamie Johnson with @ingrainingnutrition
- 1 tbsp organic Bertolli Olive Oil
- 1 lb tempeh (can sub chickpeas)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 quart of vegetable stock
- 1 14oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, ribboned
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the EVOO, tempeh, onions, garlic and Italian seasoning to the pot and sauté until the onions are soft and translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add the veggie stock, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Whisk until tomato paste is fully incorporated.
- Bring to a boil, season with salt then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale, cauliflower and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Top with fresh basil. ⠀
Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
By Claire Cary with @eatwithclarity
- 2 bunches of parsley, stems removed (4 cups chopped)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (white or red)
- 1/2 large cucumber, diced
- Optional: 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3–4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Remove the stems of the parsley and chop into very small pieces.
- Add to a large mixing bowl with the drained and rinsed chickpeas, bell pepper, cucumber, onion and mint (if using).
- Let the quinoa cool, and prepare the dressing in the meantime.
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, maple syrup, salt, lemon juice, dijon mustard and black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Add the cooled quinoa and dressing to the salad and mix until well incorporated.
- Top with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Springtime Oil and Garlic Pasta
By Francesca with @plantifullybased
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/2 shallot, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 2 lemons, juice
- 15 Brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 1/3 cup cooked brown lentils
- Salt and pepper to tast
- 8 oz pasta of choice (I used chickpea pasta)
- 1/4 cup vegan ricotta
- Vegan parm and red pepper flakes for topping
- Boil water and cook pasta. In a pan add 1 tbsp of Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, brussel sprouts, shallots and garlic.
- Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes on low heat.
- Once brussel sprouts are tender add in frozen peas and lentils.
- Pasta should be just about done cooking, preserve 1/3 cup starchy water.
- Add the cooked pasta, water, 1/4 cup of olive oil and lemon juice into the pan with vegetables.
- Mix to combine.
- Add spinach and allow to wilt.
- Keep the heat low so nothing burns.
- Once the spinach is wilted take pasta off the heat.
- Add salt, pepper, vegan ricotta, vegan parm and red pepper flakes.
- Toss well and enjoy.