Next time you’re invited to a party, we have you covered on the food front. These recipes are not only easy to make and delicious to enjoy– they are also healthy! Each one features Bertolli olive oil, giving you a great way to incorporate the fresh, antioxidant-rich ingredient into your food.
At your next get-together, impress your friends with generous hospitality by bringing one of our top 3 healthy snack ideas.
Garlic Bread with Olive Oil
By Francesca with @plantifullybased
- 3 tbsp Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 16 oz pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl add the olive oil and seasonings, mix together.
- Roll the pizza dough out into a giant rectangle.
- Spread the seasoned olive oil all over the dough.
- Cut the dough into 6 long strips.
- Then take the strips and stack them all up on one another.
- Cut the big stack into smaller pieces.
- Then pick up one stack at a time and begin to lay them down in a loaf pan with all the layers facing up.
- Fill the pan however you like (the more random the better).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Cheesy Avocado Toast
By Hannah Bostdorff with @hannahharvestinghealth
- 2 tsp. organic Bertolli Olive Oil
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, sliced
- 2 slices of cheese, diagonally halved
- Spread a thin layer of olive oil on both sides of the bread.
- Place in a small pan on medium heat.
- Shred some grass-fed cheese on top.
- Cook until it’s melty (about 2-3 minutes), and top with avocado slices!
Falafel Buddha Bowl
By Lenny with @vegamelon
Baked sweet potato falafel (yields ~20)
- 2 sweet potatoes (500g), cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp Bertolli Olive Oil
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (250g)
- 1 cup chickpea flour (100g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp Bertolli Olive Oil, plus more for brushing
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Brush the sweet potato with 1 tbsp olive oil, then place on a lined tray and bake for 30 min.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. In a food processor, blend all the remaining ingredients.
- Form into balls, adding more chickpea flour if needed, and place onto the baking tray. Brush the falafel balls with more olive oil and bake for 30 min, flipping after the first 15 min.
- Let cool and enjoy!