There’s nothing like a mouthwatering dessert to end a delicious meal.
Which would you fancy more – Lemon Olive Oil Ice Cream or a Delicious Olive Oil Apple Crisp?
Olive Oil Apple Crisp
By Julianna, of @my_wildflowers
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lbs apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, add chopped apples, ¼ cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Stir to combine, and place the mix in a pan.
- In another bowl, mix 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cups of flour, ½ cup oats, 1/3 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil and cinnamon together and crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes.
Lemon Olive Oil Ice Cream
By Hannah, of @milkandhoneythebakery
- 4 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup Bertolli Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Begin by separating your eggs.
- Whisk the yolks together briskly.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan combine heavy cream, milk, sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to steam.
- Using a large ladle transfer some of the hot cream into the egg yolks to temper them.
- Transfer the egg and cream mixture back to the pan and cook over med-low heat. Stir constantly until thickened 7-10 mins.
- Once it’s thick enough to coat the back of a spoon it’s ready.
- Pour through and strainer then whisk in the lemon juice and Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil and last remaining teaspoon of lemon zest.
- Set up your ice cream maker then add in the chilled ice cream base for 20-30 minutes until thickened.
- Add 1/3 of the ice cream to a container. Layer lemon curd on top then repeat until you have filled your container.
- Smooth the surface and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze 6 hours or overnight.